Checks for cables. If the gap is close to an electrical current or telephone line, be sure to check inside to avoid colliding with any cable while working. Spend your hands around the hole or check out within this shining with a flashlight.
- If you find a cable remembers where it is located and works carefully about this when mend the hole.
Cut a rectangle. Use a ruler and a level to measure and draw a rectangle around the perimeter of the hole, then cut it with a knife or a drywall saw. This allows you to carefully fill the gap with a piece of drywall the size indicated, instead of making an irregular filling.
Put the support boards. Cut the boards support around 10 larger than the size of the gap centimeters. The first support lines up vertically along the left edge of the hole. Use one hand to hold it tightly in place while using a drill to insert two screws through the panel intact just below the hole, and two screws through the panel just above the hole. Follow the same technique to install the other backer board along the right edge of the hole.
- Pine stands or other softwood serve well enough to repair drywall by how easy it is within these.
- Be sure to hold the tables so that the screws do not scrape or sting when they come out on the other side of the tables.
Place a patch drywall. It measures the panel thickness and panel purchase a piece large enough to cover the gap. Using a drywall saw, cut a piece of panel per the size of the hole so that it fits perfectly in space. Place the panel part in the hole and to support boards on both sides, leaving a gap of 12 centimeters between the screws.
- Many stores tools and household items sold loose pieces of plaster panel of different shapes and sizes. Find a large enough to cover the hole in your wall and do not have to buy a full plate, whose size is probably much more than you need.
Place a tape in the joints. Daubs a joint knife with the compound and pass on the joints (where the edges of the piece placed together and the wall). Paper tape quickly placed in joints and taping knife with a smooth it, making sure that no parts or packages encompassed. Apply a second coat of joint compound and let dry.
- You can add a little water to the compound so that it is not very thick; in this way, it will be easier to spread on the wall resulting in a more even finish.
- Be sure to remove the excess compound to the transition between the attached piece and the wall is as smooth as possible. Taping knife goes in one direction.
- Place the tape evenly can be difficult. It is better to peel it off and place it again if the hit twisted as this step is important so that in the end there placed the bond between the piece and the rest of the wall being noticed.
Sandpaper the repaired area and applies another layer of compound. Once the first layers are dry, smooths the edges with fine grain sandpaper. Fill in the blanks and parts that are not uniform applying another thin layer of compound; dried and continuous sanding and adding more compound until the surface is smooth partner.
- Wait at least 24 hours between each sanded. The compound must be completely dry, otherwise, could create more brands and holes instead of the surface is uniform.
Apply a primer and paint the repaired area. After the final sanding, use a primer to prepare the area before painting. Once the primer is dry, paint the area with the same brush or applicator paint used to paint the wall first.